Eight Bladed German Mace
- This functional eight bladed mace dates to circa 1550
- A symbol of power and authority
- A great example of weapons as art; pleasing to the eye, yet deadly in function
- Made of carbon steel
Sold Out Stock Enquiry
Description of the Product
The club is no doubt the oldest weapon and the mace its most high-minded variation. Always a symbol of power and authority, its great advantages are simplicity and durability. It never required sharpening and was very effective against unarmored opponents, as well as plate or mail armor. The first bronze mace heads were cast c. 2000bce in the Levant, and the mace made a comeback during the middle ages in Western Europe. The flanged version was in use by at least the later part of the 11th century. Previously the shafts of maces were either completely wooden, or partly wood, partly steel/iron, but after c.1470 they were mostly all steel or iron.
The mace as a weapon reached its popularity in Europe during the high middle ages among the knightly class. The rise in the popularity of the mace coincides with the improvements in armor. By the 15th Century, armor had become so well developed that it was almost impervious to a sword cut or even a thrust. But with a few decent blows even the best plate armor would be so damaged that the wearer's movement would be greatly impaired, quickly leading to defeat. Maces such as this were used in battles both from horseback as well as on foot.
This functional eight bladed mace dates to circa 1550, and is yet another example of weapons as art; pleasing to the eye, yet deadly in function.
- Made by Windlass Steelcrafts
- Overall length 62 cm
- Weight 1000 g
- Material: Carbon steel
Really fast delivery and excellent quality goods!
Products are located in our own storehouse
In Kaarina, Finland.
Orders are shipped out within 24 hours of us receiving the order.
Purchase online or offline
You can also pickup your order at our store.
We accept Credit Cards & Online Banks etc.
All orders can also be picked up from the brick-and-mortar store at Oppipojankuja 1, 20780 Kaarina. 10min drive from the centre of Turku.