Description of the Product

The Knights Templar was founded on Christmas day in 1119 by nine knights. Their aim was to protect Christian pilgrims arriving from Europe to the kingdom of Jerusalem, captured ten years previously. Although the Templars started relatively modestly, soon their wealth, power and military might were surpassed by none, due to papal favouritism: At the council of Troys in 1128, the Templar Order was confirmed by Pope to be above all secular laws and only answerable to the Pope himself. All through the 12th century they grew as an economic might, partaking in trading and banking, as well as receiving large donations. The warrior-monks of the Knights Templar were, alongside the Knights Hospitaller, the best equipped and trained soldiers in the Middle East, and were often crucial for the Christian militaries in ensuring their victories.
King Baldwin II, the King of Jerusalem, installed the Order in a part of the Palace of Jerusalem believed to be Solomon’s Temple, from which they took the name of Knights of the Temple or Templars. The order’s battle honours in the defense of the Holy Land are now legendary, while the accounts of their missing accumulated wealth are still a mystery.
The Knights received the white vestment as a symbol of purity of their life, to which Pope Eugenius added the red cross in 1146. Not only symbolic, the white garments were necessary in keeping the knights cool under the scorching sun of the Middle East, where a dark metal armor soon would heat to unbearable temperatures. This long Knights Templar cape is one of the heaviest and most elegant we have ever offered. The stark white colour is offset with the symbol of the Knights Templar, a large red cross of Malta, on the left side, while the interior boasts a matching red lining.
Heavy 100 % cotton with corded tie.

Badge
The best of the best!!! I am very pleased, all products are beautiful and of good quality!!!!
- Robert Iulius

Our Store

All orders can also be picked up from the brick-and-mortar store at Oppipojankatu 1, 20780 Kaarina.

Only 10min drive from the centre of Turku!