Kogane No Senshi Honsanmai Wakizashi
- Honsanmai 3 steel composite blade, hand forged, clay tempered 1095 steel
- Long sword tip O-kissaki
- 24K gold plated menuki
- Hardwood handle silk wrapped ito with genuine rayskin inlay
- Hardwood saya partially covered with rayskin
- Genuine buffalo horn koiguchi and kojiri
- Comes with silk sword bad and certificate
- Weight with scabbard 1.19 kilograms
- Overall length 78.5 cm
1 in stock
Description of the Product
It is truly our pleasure to introduce you the new Kogane No Senshi Honsanmai Wakizashi. Handforged and polished by top swordsmiths, featuring a super strong clay tempered 1095 folded Honsanmai deep curve Koshi-Sori blade. Both katana and wakizashi are available to collect your own Daishō. This is a set of unique weapons with a striking extra long sword tip O-kissaki and razor sharp ha.
Honsanmai blade is a composition of three different kinds of steel. The cutting edge of a Honsanmai blade is made of hard steel, the sides of the blade are made of medium steel and the inner core is made of soft steel. This makes it possible to have harder, sharper edge while retaining shock absorption and flexibility within the sword. Honsanmai structure was very popular lamination method in the historical samurai swords. Making a sandwich of different steels takes additional work from master sword smiths but adds value and functionality to the blade.
Firm hardwood tsuka is katatemaki-wrapped in attractive golden colored premium silk ito and features gold plated menukis with blackened iron tsuba, kashira and fuchi. The same, made of black colored rayskin, concludes the elaborate koshirae.
Magnificent saya are definite samples of exceptional craftsmanship. Premium grade hardwood treated with 4 thick layers of black lacquer and embellished with genuine buffalo horn koiguchi, kojiri as well as kurikata. Rich golden colored silk sageo is wrapped around on rough rayskin, ensuring the unique semblance.
Sovereign set for heavy tameshigiri cutting and for serious sword collectors.
Kogane No Senshi Honsanmai Katana and Wakizashi swords can be purchased separately to form your own Daishō. The combination of two weapons is called Daisho, which means as a direct translation big and small. This combination of two weapons was allowed only for the Samurai who ruled Feudal Japan for almost 700 years and this was their symbol of power and prestige.
Comes in an embroidered BattleBlades Inc. silk sword bag with a serial numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Overall length: 78.5 cm / 30.9 inch / 2.59 Shaku
- Blade/Nagasa: 53 cm / 20.9 inch / 1.75 Shaku
- Handle/Tsuka: 21 cm / 8.3 inch
- Blade width at Guard/Motohaba: 3.4 cm / 1.3 inch
- Blade width at Tip/Sakihaba: 2.1 cm / 0.82 inch
- Blade thickness at Guard/Kasane: 7.3 mm / 0.28 inch
- Blade thickness at Tip/Sakikasane: 3.1 mm / 0.12 inch
- Blade/Nagasa material: Hand forged clay tempered folded 1095 Honsanmai carbon steel
- Kashira, Fuchi and Tsuba material: Iron
- Scabbard/Saya material: Hardwood, Rayskin & Buffalo Horn
- Blade Polishing: Hazuya -stone polishing
- Weight with scabbard: 1.19 kg / 2.6 lbs
- Sharpness: Very sharp
- Manufacturer: BattleBlades
Ordering from you was easy and delivery was quick! thanks for the help when I needed it also.....
Products are located in our own storehouse
In Kaarina, Finland.
Orders are shipped out within 24 hours of us receiving the order.
Purchase online or offline
You can also pickup your order at our store.
We accept Credit Cards & Online Banks etc.
All orders can also be picked up from the brick-and-mortar store at Oppipojankuja 1, 20780 Kaarina. 10min drive from the centre of Turku.