English Longbow Arrow
- Locally made high-quality wooden 8 mm (5/16 “) arrow
- Total length from the tip of the point to the end of the nock approx. 74 cm (29″). Usable draw length approx. 71 cm (28″).
- The arrowhead is a field point suitable for target shooting
- 7,6 cm (3 “) long natural turkey feathers in parabola-shape. The cock feather is black and the hen feathers are green.
- Made in length and stiffness to work optimally with our English longbow (35 pounds)
77 in stock
Description of the Product
Locally made high-quality handmade arrows that work perfectly with our English longbow. These arrows can of course be used with any bow but the length and stiffness of the arrow is selected to work particularly well with our English longbow. These arrows have short parabola-shaped feathers that were specially popular in England and USA during the 19th century.
The arrow shaft is made of pine. The arrowhead is threaded meaning that there are threads inside the tip that bite into the wooded shaft when installed. Threaded arrowheads grip on to the shaft very tightly and practically never come off even when you are pulling your arrows off from your target. These arrowheads are glued in addition to the threads so we can guarantee that these heads will never come off accidentally.
These arrows have genuine turkey feathers. The feathers and nock are tied off with silk thread. The wooden shafts have been lacquered twice and the arrows are also straightened. Each arrow stiffness is measured in order to maintain the homogeneity of the arrows. Uniformity is important so that each arrow flies the same way and an archer can begin to trust his/her instincts and develop skills to become a more accurate shooter.
All feathers are helical mounted for maximum stabilization in-flight for better accuracy. As the three feathers are slightly angled, the slight twist makes the arrow rotate in flight, increasing flight accuracy.
When setting the arrow on the string set the black feather (also called the "cock" feather) pointing away from the wooden body of the bow. If the “cock” feather points towards the wooden body it will contact the bow in mid-flight when the arrow is shot and accuracy is lost.
- Locally made high-quality wooden arrow
- Pine shaft diameter 8 mm (5/16 ")
- Total length from the tip of the point to the end of the nock approx. 74 cm (29"). Usable draw length approx. 71 cm (28″).
- The arrowhead is a field point suitable for target shooting. Field point arrowheads will stick to your foam archery targets without breaking them.
- 7,6 cm (3 ") long natural turkey feathers in parabola-shape. The cock feather is black and the hen feathers are green.
- Made in length and stiffness to work optimally with our English longbow (35 pounds) but naturally works fine with any other bow also
- Each arrow has its spine/stiffness measured for uniformity
Ordering from you was easy and delivery was quick! thanks for the help when I needed it also.....
Products are located in our own storehouse
In Kaarina, Finland.
Orders are shipped out within 24 hours of us receiving the order.
Purchase online or offline
You can also pickup your order at our store.
We accept Credit Cards & PayPal
All orders can also be picked up from the brick-and-mortar store at Oppipojankuja 1, 20780 Kaarina.
10min drive from the centre of Turku.
Come and visit the best history shop in Finland!