Zugaikotsu Honsanmai Shinken
- Honsanmai 3 steel composite blade
- Silk wrapping and real rayskin on the handle
- Hardwood scabbard
- Comes with a silk sword bag and certificate of authenticity
- Overall length 103 cm
- Weight 1080 g
1 in stock
Description of the Product
Whether you are seeking a strong weapon for tameshigiri or simply into your collection, the BattleBlades Zugaikotsu Honsanmai Shinken will stand out proudly. This katana features a beautifully handforged, Hazuya -stone polished, Honsanmai-composite 1095 clay tempered high carbon steel blade. Shinogi-zukuri shaped blade with Chu-kissaki (medium length tip) and Chu-suguha style hamon (straight and medium wide temper line) adding to the whole.
Honsanmai blade is a composition of three different kinds of steel. The cutting edge of a Honsanmai blade is made of hard steel, the sides of the blade are made of medium steel and the inner core is made of soft steel. This makes it possible to have harder, sharper edge while retaining shock absorption and flexibility within the sword. Honsanmai structure was very popular lamination method in the historical samurai swords. Making a sandwich of different steels takes additional work from master sword smiths but adds value and functionality to the blade.
The katana's natural hardwood saya is finished with four layers of lacquer, genuine buffalo horn koiguchi and rich premium grade silk sageo. Distinctive Zugaikotsu patterned fuchi, kashira, tsuba and two menukis are firmly fitted on hardwood tsuka. Premium grade silk ito wrapping and genuine stingray skin give the weapon its finishing touch.
The Zugaikotsu Honsanmai Shinken comes in an embroidered BattleBlades Inc. silk sword bag and with a certificate of authenticity.
- Overall length: 103 cm / 40.6 inch / 3.4 Shaku
- Blade/Nagasa: 71 cm / 27.9 inch / 2.3 Shaku
- Handle/Tsuka: 27 cm / 10.6 inch
- Blade width at Guard/Motohaba: 3.12 cm / 1.22 inch
- Blade width at Tip/Sakihaba: 2.2 cm / 0.86 inch
- Curvature of the blade/Sori: 1.8 cm / 0.70 inch
- Blade thickness at Guard/Kasane: 7.1 mm / 0.28 inch
- Blade thickness at Tip/Sakikasane: 4 mm / 0.157 inch
- Blade/Nagasa material: Honsanmai 1095 high carbon steel
- Scabbard/Saya material: Hardwood & Buffalo Horn
- Blade Polishing: Hazuya -stone polishing
- Weight: 1080 g / 2.38 lbs
- Sharpness: Very sharp
- Manufacturer: BattleBlades
The best of the best!!! I am very pleased, all products are beautiful and of good quality!!!!
Products are located in our own storehouse
In Kaarina, Finland.
Orders are shipped out within 24 hours of us receiving the order.
Purchase online or offline
You can also pickup your order at our store.
We accept Credit Cards & Online Banks etc.
All orders can also be picked up from the brick-and-mortar store at Oppipojankuja 1, 20780 Kaarina. 10min drive from the centre of Turku.