Basic Medieval Hood
- Easy and fast way to add some character to your outfit
- Suits all: men and women, adults and kids alike
- Four colours: black, brown, green and red
- Available in three sizes XXS (children size), S/M and L/XL
- Made of 100 % cotton
Description of the Product
The use of a chaperon began before the 1200’s, as covering your head was very important during the Middle Ages. Hoods were used by men and women alike, and of all classes, especially in Northern Europe. These hoods came in all types: long or short, pull-over or open- fronted. The edge of the cape was often trimmed for decorative effect. The nobility wore the hoods too, but theirs were naturally distinguished by the luxuriousness of the fabrics and the decorations used.
The "cappa" or chaperon, is a one-piece hood with a short cape over the shoulders, put on by pulling over the head. Wool ones were used in cold weather, and lighter ones for summer while pieces made of leather offered protection from rain and wind. The hood could be pulled off the head to hang behind, leaving the short cape round the neck and shoulders. The hood could be loose at the back, and sometimes ended in a tail that came to a point. The most extreme version of this style, the liripipe, was popular from the mid-14th to the end of the 15th century. The long extension could be worn hanging down or wrapped around the head or the neck.
- 100% cotton canvas
- Available in brown, black, red and green
- Available in sizes XXS, S/M and L/XL. Size XXS is mainly suitable for children
- As well as being cool and comfortable to wear by themselves, they go well together with a large variety of other costumes, weather you are a hired sword or a forester!
- Made by Karhunhammas - Beartooth
Really fast delivery and excellent quality goods!
Products are located in our own storehouse
In Kaarina, Finland.
Orders are shipped out within 24 hours of us receiving the order.
Purchase online or offline
You can also pickup your order at our store.
We accept Credit Cards & Online Banks etc.
All orders can also be picked up from the brick-and-mortar store at Oppipojankuja 1, 20780 Kaarina. 10min drive from the centre of Turku.